7 Reasons why tablets or smartphones can’t replace laptops
In this present day scenario when we are almost everywhere surrounded with techie stuff. Some of questions are bound to pop up, same is the case with this comparison between Tablets and Laptops, who will knock out whom. Some say that laptops may be a thing of yesteryear with present enhacements in tablets and smartphone technology. But before we jump to any conclusion on this thing we must go through some of the facts which give laptops an upper hand in any case.
1. No mouse pad and Keyboard: Real hardwares such as keyboard and mouse go missing in tablets making some tasks really cumbersome.
2. No Space for drives: Basically all the smartphones and tablets don’t have any ports at all for cds and dvds. If one wishes to use a blu ray disc he might have to look for a laptop rather than a tablet.
3. Problems with OS: Most of us aren’t familiar with the OS of smartphone and it could be a whole new learning curve for us to get familiar with these. And to add to the worry list they have very limited compatibility in terms of hardware.
4. Peripheral Connectivity problem: Most of the smartphones and tablets don’t have slots for connection with printers, cameras and some other USB devices which we come across daily and even if there are slots they might have software issues.
5. Storage issues: Most of the laptops even if we count the most basic ones come with atleast 250 GB of storage space but talking of smartphones they are limited to 64 GB atmost and if we wish to upgrade there storage they might prove heavy on our pockets.
6. Absence of Ports: Every laptop comes with USB, HDMI, ETHERNET ports and SD card slots making them of great use but smartphones and tablets don’t have any such port or all ports.
7. Pricing: Most of smartphones and tablets with usable features come around $400-$500 however a laptop can be ours well within $500 and to add up smartphones and tablets don’t give that much flexibilty in functions as off yet that a laptop can give in as much as half price to them.
Laptops and desktops have been part and parcel of our lives for almost 30 years and smartphones and tablets are in their budding phase have just arrived. And to ask them to replace laptops is a tough ask because many industries have got their issues sorted out with laptops and desktops. Both are exciting and useful and can certainly co-exist without out-placing each other, hence both are here to stay.